I've come out to everybody under the sun in the last 6 months. I am extremely open about being gay because Im tired of keeping it a secret. I have felt shame for my entire life about something I have no control over. I got sick and tired of not being able to be myself.
Now that my family, friends, employees, and more know... I feel noticeably more comfortable with myself and my world. ITS BEEN FREAKING LIBERATING FOR ME AND I LOVE IT!
In my opinion, If my SSA (same sex attraction) effects a relationship in a negative manner, I don't need that relationship in my life. Why do I want to spend time with people who don't want to accept the real me? Here is what I have found.
1) Most of my friends find its 'cool' that they can now say, "I have a gay friend."
2) My family loves me regardless of my sexual preferences.
3) My wife is the most empathetic, loving, and understanding person on this earth.
4) I enjoy defying all the stereotypes society places on gay men.
5) I enjoy educating straight people on my perspective of gay men.
6) People are curious about my mixed orientation marriage/ssa and how it could possible work!
7) It has strengthen many relationships,
8) People feel more comfortable sharing their life experiences with me because they feel I can empathize at a deeper level.
9) Don't make it a big deal and it won't be a big deal.
To be honest, I have yet to have a bad experience. I find people to be accepting and loving. I don't worry about straight men feeling uncomfortable around me because that is something I don't have control over. All I can do is be myself and in doing so, others will realize I'm an awesome person and they will want to be with me.